Monday, July 30, 2012

Paleo Day One

Why did I decide to try Paleo? First, the concept of Paleo makes sense to me. I have always noticed feeling bloated and gross after eating things high in gluten or carbs, I like the idea of trying something for 30 days, because, well…it is only 30 days in the big scheme of things, and after the 30 days, I can make any needed adjustments. There is something to be said for listening to your body and tweaking your food intake to feel your absolute best. In what rule book does it say that in order to be healthy I MUST have a bowl of oatmeal every morning? I don’t even like oatmeal. (Unless it’s in oatmeal cookies, but that’s not very Paleo, either.)
Beyond that, I crave structure in my life. I function better as a whole when I have concrete, attainable goals in front of me. Complete 30 days of Paleo living= concrete, measurable, attainable.
Additionally, I have about 8 weeks until my next mud run, and I want to feel as good as possible.
Without further ado, Paleo, Day One:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, bowl of strawberries, Grande Americano(no cream-waaaaah!)
Lunch: Chicken & apple sausage, green beans, olive oil
Snack: cucumbers, tomatoes, ½ avocado with oil and vinegar, a few almonds
Dinner: Steak, cauliflower, red pepper

I felt good when I woke up this morning, I slept well last night and got up an hour earlier than normal since I had to be to work early. I got eight hours of sleep, but could have easily slept another hour. I ate breakfast at 6:15 am.
Around 10:45 I started to feel shaky, so I ate my lunch, felt better about an hour afterward.
I had my snack around 3 pm- I HEART avocado. 

Overall I feel decent today... a little "under-carbed" but that's obviously to be expected.  I'm sure I'll feel better and better over the course of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment