Sunday, January 16, 2011

Roasted Red Pepper Paninis with Garlic Chevre

Making the old classic Sunday Pot Roast, Carrots & Potatoes in the slow cooker today.  I remember coming home from church on Sundays as a little girl and the whole house smelling amazing...  makes me very nostalgic.  :)

I cleaned all day, did eight billion loads of laundry, and found time to make paninis for lunch.  Getting myself in order for the new year.  Feels good. 

Red Pepper Paninis couldn't be simpler.  Here's what you'll need: 

1 loaf ciabatta bread
1 jar roasted red peppers
1 container garlic goat cheese ( I use the garlic and herb chevre made by Jumpin Good Goat Dairy...they're local, their cheese is delicious, and their baby goats are sooo cute!!)
olive oil

I just slice the ciabatta sandwich size, and then in half.  I scoop out a bit of the bread insides...makes for a crispier sandwich.  Spread both sides with goat cheese and put one layer of roasted red peppers on one half.  Put the halves together.  Heat a couple T of olive oil over medium high heat in a nonstick skillet.  Cook sandwich on first side until golden brown.  I usually put a heavy cast iron skillet on top of the sandwich to weight it down while cooking.  Flip the sandwich and cook the other side until golden brown.  Remove from heat, slice in 1/2 and serve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment