Saturday, November 20, 2010

my little munchkins

I'd never really done much research on pet food.  The food I normally feed my animals is having massive production issues, and I became tired of going to three different stores to try to locate their food.  So I started researching pet food, ingredients, processes, and what all of that info means. Really interesting... AND a little disturbing.

 I've switched to an all-natural, holistic brand pet food, for both my dogs and my cat.  The first three or four ingredients in every bag of food is MEAT.  Not corn, not grain, not preservatives...MEAT. I can pronounce all the ingredients and they are completely natural, normal foods.  Turkey.  Beef.  Sweet potatoes.  Green beans.  The pets LOVE it.   I'm realizing how awesome this natural pet food is.  If we are what we eat, then so are they.  And I want to keep my little babies with me as long as possible. 

Granted, it's expensive stuff.  But hopefully keeping them healthier means the payoff is lower and fewer vet bills and a longer life.

No comments:

Post a Comment