Monday, November 8, 2010

Leftovers: Risotto Cakes

Risotto changes in texture once it's been refrigerated.  So, I make Risotto Cakes with the leftovers, and they are DELICIOUS. 

Here's what you need: (makes 4 cakes, about 2 T each)

Olive oil
Leftover risotto, warmed to room temperature
1 egg, beaten
3/4 c all purpose flour
1 c panko breadcrumbs
Marinara Sauce(jarred is fine)

I have a 2 T scoop that I use to make sure each risotto cake is uniform.  I take 2 T risotto, flatten it just a little into a patty.  Dip into the flour, shaking off the excess, then into the egg, and finally into the panko breadcrumbs.  Set aside.  Repeat with the remaining risotto. 

Heat olive oil to medium high and place risotto cakes in hot oil, turning when crispy and dark golden brown.  Drain on paper towel and serve with warmed marinara for dipping. 

I made 4 cakes and served them as an appetizer for chicken ceasar salad.  Sadly, we ate all the evidence before I could snap a photo.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment